The 2020 Community Policing Development program is a competitive grant program designed to advance the practice of community policing by providing guidance on promising practices through the development and testing of innovative strategies; building knowledge about effective practices and outcomes; and supporting new, creative approaches to preventing crime and promoting safe communities. The 2020 CPD program will fund projects related to the following topic areas:
1. Law Enforcement Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Program Toolkit
2. Recruiting the Next Generation of Officers and Deputies
3. Promising Practices in Law Enforcement Victim Support
4. Rural Law Enforcement Training Center
5. Managing High-Risk Law Enforcement Vehicular Pursuits
6. Implementing Successful Faith-Based Partnerships
7. Police Academy Innovations
8. Public Safety Implications of Driving Automation Systems for Motor Vehicles
9. Open Category
The CPD solicitation is open to all public governmental agencies, federally recognized Indian tribes, for-profit and nonprofit organizations, institutions of higher education, community groups, and faith-based organizations.
Applications are due by March 31, 2020 at 7:59 PM EDT. Please click here for more information on the 2020 Community Policing Development program. If you will be applying for one of these new funding opportunities, please let our office know as we may be able to help. Information about how our office can help with grants can be found here.