|A message from Chrissy:
| “Thank you for reaching out to me about small businesses in our community during this coronavirus pandemic. As a former small business leader, I know firsthand the unique struggles facing our small businesses and how those struggles have been greatly exacerbated by this crisis facing our Commonwealth and country. In Washington and in our community, I’ve been working with local, state, and federal officials to protect our small businesses and provide them the relief they need.
Just today, I introduced the Easing Disruption for America’s Small Contractor Act of 2020, which would accelerate the payment of Federal contract dollars to small businesses in this time of economic uncertainty and provides small business contractors more time to meet their contract obligations.
Also today, thanks to our bipartisan advocacy, the SBA has expedited the emergency declaration for the entire Commonwealth, which means our small businesses can now access Economic Injury Disaster Loans. My team is ready to assist small businesses in applying for these loans.
These efforts are, in large part, thanks to what I’m hearing on the ground from people like you, small business owners, leaders, and employees. As Congress works towards its next emergency relief package, I would like to hear directly from you about your needs and what we in Congress can be doing to best serve you.”
- Representative Chrissy Houlahan, 03/19/2020
To receive Small Business updates from our office or to ask a specific question, please e-mail PA06.SmallBusiness@mail.house.gov
To speak directly with our staff, please call (202) 225-4315*
- DAILY INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS - If you are a small business owner in Southeastern PA, join SCORE for a webinar that helps folks apply for SBA Disaster Loans, which are now available. Date: M-F Time: 12:00 - 1:30PM Link: https://www.score.zoom.us/j/723846010
- MARCH 26TH - The U.S. Senate approves a stimulus package and is expected to pass the House shortly. For the Small Business Committee's summary of provisions related to small business owners, click here.
- MARCH 23RD - PA Governor Tom Wolf issues stay-at-home order to 7 counties, including Chester. Read the full announcement and guidelines here. For a PDF on Stay At Home Guidance, click here.
- MARCH 21ST - PA Governor Tom Wolf extended enforcement of its shutdown order for non-essential businesses to TODAY at 8AM. For specific guidelines and resources click here.
- MARCH 19TH - PA Governor Tom Wolf orders all non-vital businesses to close to stop the spread of COVID-19. Read more here.
- MARCH 19TH - The Small Business Administration officially unlocked low-interest disaster loans to Pennsylvanian businesses. To apply, click here.
For information specific to Chester County, click here.
For information specific to Berks County, click here.
Small Business guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Small Business guidance from the Small Business Administration (SBA)
For the Small Business Committee's FAQs on Disaster Loans, click here.
Our Office's Response
- MARCH 20TH - Held a Small Business Telephone Town Hall with hundreds of small business owners from PA-06. Listen to the full audio recording of the event here.
- MARCH 17TH - Participated in a Small Business Conference Call with local county leaders and small business owners. Read about the call here.
- I led a bipartisan effort to support small business that have contracts with our federal government during coronavirus. Read our full press release here.
- I helped pass the first coronavirus emergency package in Congress, which provides $1 billion in loan subsidies, which would enable the Small Business Administration to provide an estimated $7 billion in low-interest loans to help those small businesses affected by the outbreak.
- Sent a bipartisan letter to the Small Business Administration urging clarity on the process for our small businesses to access much-needed economic disaster assistance funds.
- Cosponsored the SBA Business Stabilization Direct Loan Program Act of 2020, which established a loan program at the Small Business Administration to assist small businesses that have been hurt by the coronavirus outbreak.
- I led a bipartisan, bicameral letter to the Small Business Administration in an effort to unlock disaster relief loans to support our small businesses across the Commonwealth. See the full letter below and here:
*Due to our telework arrangement, you will be instructed to leave a voicemail and our team will get back to you as quickly as possible